Monday 16 April 2012

Did I mention I crochet?

Yup, that too. Taught myself a couple summers ago and really went nuts that first year. Here are a "few" things in that department...




A little baby cardi made in cotton.




Cheveron baby blanket.

Coralish Beanie

Duel Project. My husband (yes I said husband) crocheted
the centre and I did the white edging.
This was made for our baby boy just before he was born.





Got a pile of already made squares in a pile of free yarn.
I did all the green joining and fringe work.

This one was a biggie. The lined owl bag. Pattern was gotten from a Crochet Today magazine. Made as a Christmas gift for a friend, the striping provided lots of tails to sew in. And the tight single crochet made the project take a lot longer than I thought it would. But it was well worth it in the end.

Hat and scarf for my step dad.


A hat and scarf for a brother who at the time loved Monster energy drink (hence the colours).


This shawl, made for my mom a couple Christmas' ago, turned out super squish and soft. I sent it to her and called it a hug. Since being her only child and having moved away on her (left her in Wisconsin to move in with a crazy Canadian in Toronto back in 2006) I told her any time she missed me she could wrap herself in this and pretend I was giving her a big hug. She loved it. Though she could just be saying that... she IS my mom after all. :P






This was actually my first real project (after a few hours of practicing the basic stitches on a 1 ft by 1 ft square and a few rounds. Once I felt I had a good enough grasp of the single and double crochets I found a little pattern for a goodie bag and super sized it to backpack size.





And a couple little things. An apple cozy, and a long stitch flower. Just for fun.



And most recently, a pair of baby blankets made for a friend who had just had twins. One boy, one girl. Got the idea for the pattern using the crossing action done when starting a cable in crochet and wondered what it would look like as a continuous stitch. At first I was just going to make a scarf with the pink yarn and as I worked on it I thought, how pretty would it be to sew strips of this together! And so the blanket idea came to be. It was about the same time I heard about the twins and I thought, Hey! Why not! I'm so happy with how they turned out. And they were well accepted which makes me very happy.


If you want to see more info on these projects and others that I've started but haven't finished feel free to look me up on Ravelry!  http://www.ravelry.com/projects/SweetMysterium

No comments:

Post a Comment