Tuesday 2 April 2013

Things and Stuff

So, you know,  I'm a terrible blogger.

You may have noticed.   I'm terrible at consistency.

I really admire bloggers like Susan at Food Allergy Chronicles who find  make time to blog multiple times a week.  And then there are the superheros of blogging like  Carla at My Half Dozen Daily who blog multiple times every day!!!  Meanwhile I struggle to find a time to sit down and do one measly post every other week.

I find myself often having to choose between clean, craft, or rest when I find my little moments of, hey he's quiet and playing by himself and I can get something done!"  But more often than not, cleaning gets the vote.  And when craft finally does happen, I never find the time to talk about it.  (Or at least organize my photos to show you what I did! )

I really appreciate those of you who stick around even though my updates are few and far between.

*****

So,  I finally found an hour to myself this morning and got my photos half way there.   Little Badger has starter sleeping through the night again and . . .  ah crud. . . speak of the devil. . .  back in a few. . .

*****

*cough*  Ok, so,  now that he's napping, where was I?   Right, so he's been sleeping better at night so I'm hoping things will be able to pick up again.  If I can get a quiet hour to . . .  *sigh*  Badger is waking. . .  back in a bit. . .

 *****

Right, and hour to myself first thing every morning maybe I can put that to good blogging use.  

But for today I would like to share with you something that was meant to be shared BEFORE Easter. Ah well. 

A few weeks before Easter my Hubby went to a local butcher shop and apparently they were selling some hand made wooden eggs that were beautifully painted and lacquered. 


One for each of us!   The purple is for me.  The blue is for Badger and the Black is my hubby's.   It was so sweet and excitedly I told him I would make something pretty to display them in!

So I raided my "random craft supplies" baskets and. . .  oh god. . . that. . . that's terrible. . .  be right back (diaper duty) . . .

*****

Ok,  back.  *shudders*  So, eggs, random stuff, grabbed me a pile and. . .


Thought to myself ok, what can I do with this?  

See that lace? 


That beautiful lace on my lovely lace organizing card was hand made by my hubby's great grandmother.  So not only are the eggs a part of the family now, so the nest I made will have a touch of history to it.

So,  aaaand he's hungry. . . . . 

*****

Ok.  So, eggs, stuff, lace, nest. . .  NEST! 

Yes, I made a nest for the lovely eggs. 


 I started with a pile of moss glue gunned down to a cardboard round I cut out to the size of the vine wreath I'll be using.  

Theeeeeen. . . I missed a few steps in pictures as I got carried away in the project.  But a few feathers here and there, some fake flowers tucked in.


Some small glass pearls and bits of copper wire. . .

And there we have it.


One lovely lacy, feather nest.   Not too shabby for a first I think.   Wonder if I should make more of these.   Though if you want to see some absolutely lovely delicate lacy creations head over and say hi to Karen at Todolwen.   Her little bits of lace, tarnish, and sparkle are just amazing!

Aside from that, Easter came and went.  We had a lovely time with family eating good food and enjoying good company.   And we even had a visit from the Easter bunny! 


**********************************************************************************
Yes, I decided to give you a look into a part of my "day in the life of attempting to blog".   Maybe next time will go smoother? ;) Linked up:


Lil\'Luna



 FEATURED!!! 



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful eggs! The nest is so cute! I'm pinning this to my Easter album!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/04/submarine-sunday-26.html

    ReplyDelete